College prepared you for a job.
Just not how to get one!
GradAdvantage will teach you the skills that you didn’t learn in college
and give expert advice on:
• Determining the kind of job you really want and are qualified for
• Creating a LinkedIn profile and resume that gets noticed
• Contacting prospective employers in ways that show initiative
• Developing an introductory/elevator speech with the right job in mind
• Standing out in an interview
And after you win that job that will launch their career,
we’ll check in to ensure their success!
With hundreds of thousands of students graduating every year, it is imperative that you know all the dynamics of searching for a job. There are just so many jobs, even in the best of times, so you need to learn what can give you that competitive edge. GradAdvantage takes the time to teach you the skills you need, and helps you polish them so that you can choose what job you want, in the field you want, instead of having to take any job that’s offered to you.
GradAdvantage helps you with:
- Creating a Winning Resume – learn how to present your part time jobs and previous undergrad experiences to stand out from all the rest and help qualify you for the job you want
- The Art of Networking – making the most of the contacts you have and how to turn them into job referrals
- Create a Skills Assessment – Become practiced at listing your strengths, and why they are an asset.
- Introductory One Minute Speech – Learn how to impress people with a one minute overview of yourself, either while networking, randomly meeting someone new, or at the beginning of an interview.
- Interview Preparation – without preparing for an interview, don’t expect to be called back for a second interview. Learn what’s really important and why.
- Hard core Interviewing Skills – It’s important to know all the psychological nuances that are taking place in an interview, and how to successfully present yourself. Learn to know what questions you may be asked and what are the appropriate answers.
- Dress/Image – How you dress and present yourself is part of the package that the company is considering buying. Learn what is appropriate and timely.
- Follow-up after an Interview – Learn what a successful follow-up communication is, and how to change a possible negative first impression.
Additional “on the job” coaching to make sure you’re on that winning career path!